OCD Specialist (PhD, PsyD, LICSW, or LMHC)
Cambridge Psychology Group (CPG; http://www.cambridgepsych.org) is expanding in the Boston and Massachusetts areas. We are a multi-specialty center providing evidence-based treatment for diverse mental health conditions, and currently we are focused on growing our team specializing in treatment of OCD. At this time, we are looking for two to three additional therapists (PhD, PsyD, LICSW) to provide therapy for individuals with OCD and related disorders. Experience with ERP and CBT is required. We also prefer that applicants are familiar with other evidence-based therapies for OCD and related disorders (e.g., ACT, HRT, CBIT) and common comorbidities (e.g., MI, DBT, CPT, PE). Our therapists can choose to focus on treating adults, adolescents/children, or both, as we have a constant referral stream across age groups. Therapists will also have the option to provide couples and family treatment as desired.
CPG is a private pay practice that offers market-leading salary and benefit packages with uncapped earnings. We also offer flexibility to our therapists in setting their own schedules and choosing caseload size. At this time, we primarily provide teletherapy, and in addition there are also opportunities to see clients in the office. As the pandemic lifts, our aim is to utilize a hybrid care model, meaning that our therapists can work fully remote, fully in-person, or a combination of both. CPG also recently started IOP programs that include group therapy offerings for OCD (e.g., ERP groups, Perfectionism group, Family education and support groups, etc.). We would welcome applicants with interest in helping to lead and/or develop programming for the OCD IOP.
Most of our therapists have trained at or have current appointments at McLean Hospital or Harvard Medical School. Specifically, many team members are affiliated with the OCD Institute at McLean, a world-class treatment and training program for OCD. We therefore can offer a unique opportunity for continued supervision, consultation, training, and community for individuals who join our team. We would also be interested in applicants who want to help supervise practicum students and postdocs in state-of-the-art treatment approaches for OCD. We aim to be a leading teaching community, with a training mission similar to those institutions with which we are affiliated.
Cambridge Psychology Group is a multi-specialty center dedicated to providing evidence-based therapy, consultation, and training for adults and youth in the greater Boston area, Massachusetts, and beyond. We were formed by psychologists with expertise in anxiety, OCD, depression, bipolar disorder, ADHD, substance use problems, borderline personality disorder, post-traumatic-stress disorder, and other related conditions. Our team currently includes 5 support staff members and 17 therapists. We are working together to build a community of kind, bright, dedicated providers who want to work, learn, and grow together throughout their careers.
Our work is grounded in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), including Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), executive functioning coaching, and many more techniques that lead to positive changes in our clients’ lives. Many of our therapists are active contributors to the research base supporting CBT. In addition to individual therapy, we aim to be one of Massachusetts’s leading providers of group therapy. We currently offer 13 therapy groups within 2 tracks: a general track and an OCD track. Our groups center on many topics, including anxiety, depression, substance use, grief, procrastination, perfectionism, OCD, CBT, ACT, and DBT. We hope to continue expanding our therapy groups and IOP programs in new directions.
Our Growing Community
As a therapist at CPG, you will be joining a team of mental health professionals who are dedicated to the highest standards of care. We believe that therapists are at their best when they are part of a community that supports them in pursuing their interests and values. Thus, we enjoy having a team of therapists with diverse strengths within evidence-based practice. Our aim is to support you in being the therapist you most want to be.
As a newer group practice, we also have many opportunities for our therapists to grow into leadership roles. These could include starting therapy groups of your own, directing IOP programs, supervising trainees, engaging in outreach efforts at the local and national level, or expanding our practice into new services, client populations, or technologies.
Qualifications for OCD specialist:
- PhD or PsyD from an APA-accredited doctoral program in Clinical Psychology or MSW from CSWE-accredited programs
- Licensed, license-eligible, or pursing a license in Massachusetts
- Experience in providing evidence-based therapy (ERP) for adults and/or youth with OCD and related disorders
- Knowledgeable in treatment augmentation strategies for OCD (e.g., ACT, MI, CT) and behavioral interventions for related disorders (e.g., HRT, CBIT)
- Familiar with current literature on OCD and state-of-the-art methods of delivering ERP therapy.
- Experience with group therapy is ideal but not essential
- Commitment to cultural humility, diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Conduct evidence-based individual psychotherapy for adults and/or youth with OCD and related disorders
- Maintain licensure in Massachusetts
- Participate in staff/consultation team meetings and coordinate care with other colleagues as needed
- If interested, there also could be opportunities to:
- Lead, co-lead or create therapy groups of your own
- Develop and lead an IOP program with support from directors
- Offer paid presentations or trainings to the community
- Create paid blog posts
- Participate in continuing education trainings offered within the practice
- Supervise and train graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and early career therapists
- Market-leading compensation and benefit package with uncapped earnings (depending on caseload size and degree, first year earnings can average between $125,000-$250,000).
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K Retirement plan options
- Support from a caring team of experts in OCD through peer consultation groups, rounds, supervision, training, and collaboration on cases
- Ability to work remotely, in-person, or a combination of both
- Opportunities for leadership in our growing practice
- Strong work-life balance
- Expert support staff for recruiting, intaking, and billing
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Cambridge Psychology Group is fully committed to a diverse workforce and a policy of equal employment opportunity in all of its activities, including employment decisions. Applicants from members of under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply. CPG policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, relationship identity or relationship structure, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested candidates should send an email and CV to: Steve Marshall, PhD, Director, Cambridge Psychology Group. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Marshall, Ph.D
Director and Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Cambridge Psychology Group
Cambridge Psychology Group
226 Massachusetts Ave., Suite 2A
Arlington, MA 02474